About - Who is EPRA Ontario
EPRA Ontario (EPRAON) is a Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) for collection of electronics within the province of Ontario. EPRAON is responsible for the safe and secure collection and recycling of electronics.
Our expertise is leveraged through the largest network of qualified processors, transporters and drop-off locations in Canada. We work across diverse regulatory landscapes and challenging logistical backdrop, to ensure materials are collected, recycled and handled in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
This is EPRA
EPRA has safely and securely recycled one million tonnes of electronics, diverting them from landfills and illegal export while ensuring the resources inside are recovered, recycled and reused.
Ensuring that substances of concern found in electronics are sent for proper downstream management.
Safe & Secure
We are committed to the integrity of our process.
We set the global standard for safe and secure destruction of all personal and proprietary data.
We use a confidential data destruction process utilizing advanced technology to wipe or physically destroy data, hard drives and electronics once collected.
We guarantee in writing and through our thorough system of checks and balances, that any security requirements or concerns will be met or exceeded.
Proven Track Record
EPRA is a proud pioneer of true Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR). For over a decade, EPRA has assisted retailers, electronic producers and manufacturers meet their legislative obligations throughout Canada.
- Developing and implementing benchmark metrics to measure industry performance and regulatory compliance.
- Tracking and reporting throughout every stage of collection and processing.
- Obtaining supply chain services through a transparent procurement process.
- Delivering on Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) compliance and obligations.
Now in its second decade of implementing and innovating recycling programs and solutions, EPRA is the environmental leader and advocate for safe and secure e-waste recycling programs throughout Canada.
- Regulated, cost-effective recycling program management for consumers and businesses.
- National recycling program recognizing the uniqueness of provincial regulation and appropriate stakeholders.
- Expert regulatory compliance solutions for obligated Stewards under the Ontario Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act (RRCEA).
To be recognized in Canada as the leading provider of product stewardship programs, with a primary focus on electronic equipment and complementary products and services, delivering sustainable, compliant and cost-effective management.
As an industry-led, not-for-profit, product stewardship organization, we enable businesses and consumers to sustainably manage their obligated electronic products while delivering efficient, effective regulatory compliance.
Provide efficient, effective product stewardship program management for our core product, electronic equipment, and complementary products and services, fulfilling the regulations of each jurisdiction and our role as a leading, not-for-profit organization.